- This event has passed.
SPITI Valley Winter Expedition 22 – 29 Dec 2019
December 22, 2019 @ 11:30 am - December 29, 2019 @ 4:30 pm IST₹16500
Spiti Valley is a cold desert mountain valley located high in the Himalayas in the north-eastern part of the Himachal Pradesh. The name “Spiti” means “The Middle Land”, i.e. the land between Tibet and India. Winters in Spiti are extremely harsh and temperatures sometimes fall to -20º Celsius. Winters here are frigid and there is no running water in taps. There is an endless thrill in SPITI VALLEY WINTER EXPEDITION.
Highlights of Tour
- One can find the Soul of a Place at Spiti valley in winters as it will be uncrowded.
- Wildlife: – You can spot Blue Sheep, Red fox, Himalayan Ibex & if you are Lucky enough you may spot a Snow Leopard too.
- Snow Laden Landscape and Minus Temperatures.
- Be a part of a Local family during your visit and experience and understand the living in winters of Cold dessert Spiti valley.
We at TEAM HIMALAYAN, work for people to experience the true serenity of the Himalaya’s and we would request our guests to take a pledge on Maintaining Himalaya’s Serenity by taking care of few little things during their trip. All travellers are requested to click here and know how to play your part in SAVE THE HIMALAYAS DRIVE.
Day 1: 22 Dec 2019, Arrival in Shimla
Arrival in Shimla and check-in to the hotel. You are free to explore Mall Road, Ridge, Lakkar Bazaar & Jakhu Temple during evening hours. Overnight stay and dinner at a hotel in Shimla / Narkanda.
Day 2: 23 Dec 2019, Shimla – Kalpa (230 kms – 8 hrs)
Post breakfast, we will start the first leg of our journey for SPITI Valley Winter Expedition. We will pass through popular towns of Sarahan and Rampur-Bushahr before entering the spectacular Kinnaur Valley. Before entering Kalpa at 7549 feet, catch a glimpse of the famous Kinner Kailash Peak – said to be the summer adobe of Lord Shiva.
At Kalpa, you will warm up with a piping cup of tea before checking into your homestay. Overnight at a homestay in Kalpa.
Day 3: 24 Dec 2019, Kalpa – Nako – Tabo (154 kms)
Post breakfast, we will continue our journey on the famous Hindustan – Tibet Highway or the NH 22. We will visit frozen Nako lake and have steaming hot lunch at Nako village and we will continue our journey towards Tabo. Dinner and Overnight stay at Homestay in Tabo.
Day 4: 25 Dec 2019, Tabo – Dhankar – Kaza (Pin valley if Roads allows)
We will start this day with a visit to the 1021 year old Tabo Monastery, UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can walk around this sacred site and gain a deeper understanding of Buddhism. Unlike other monasteries in Spiti Valley, the Tabo monastery is located at the bottom of the valley.
From Tabo, we will drive to the spectacular Pin Valley. Imagine a national park with an abundance of animals and birds, with some rare plant varieties and a river that is frozen. We will then visit the Kungri Monastery and then the beautiful hamlet of Mudh – the last motorable village of the Pin Valley. We will reach Kaza by late evening for overnight at a homestay in Kaza.
Day 05: 26 Dec 2019, Kaza – Key Monastery – Kibber – Chicham – Kaza
We will begin this day with a drive to renowned Key Monestry. Being remotely located atop a hill overlooking endless plains, the Key Monestry is an obvious choice for those seeking peace and calm. Then we will move farther up the valley to the picturesque village of Kibber. The expanses of beautiful landscapes and immeasurable beauty of the snowy mountains make this place a haven for nature-lovers and photographers alike. Later we will visit Chicham Bridge (Asia’s highest bridge) and Chicham village. We will then drive back to Kaza for the overnight stay.
Day 06: 27 Dec 2019, Kaza – Komic – Hikkim – Langza – Kaza
Today we will visit Hikkim – the highest post office in the world, Komic – one of the highest villages in the world at 4600 meters and Langza – said to the most beautiful village in Spiti valley. Back to Kaza for Overnight stay.
Day 07: 28 Dec 2019, Kaza – Kalpa (210 kms)
This day embarks the beginning of the end of this beautiful expedition. Capture some scenic visions that you might have missed out on your camera. After a scenic and memorable drive, we will end the day’s journey at Kalpa. Dinner and Overnight stay at Kalpa.
Day 08: 29 Dec 2019, Kalpa – Shimla (230 kms)
Post breakfast, we drive for Shimla with a bag of delightful memories and exciting stories to recount.
Tour Ends with Life Time Memories !!!!!!
Cost: – INR 16,500/- Per Person
- SUV vehicle for the complete Tour.
- 07 night’s accommodations at Homestays on Twin/Triple Sharing.
- 07 Breakfasts & 07 Dinners. (Veg Food)
- Oxygen cylinder to travel during high altitude.
- Assistance on complete tour.
- 5% GST.
- Travel or Any Insurances.
- Any additional expenses.
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Any other services not specified above.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Roadblocks, natural calamities etc.
General terms & Declaration
TEAM HIMALAYAN organizes treks and other activities primarily in the Himalayan mountain ranges and in other outdoor regions, SPITI VALLEY WINTER EXPEDITION being one of them. Travelling in the remote mountain regions of the Himalayas involves certain risk and dangers to life and property OR both for the team as well as the participants.
- The above package can be customized as per the customer’s requirement.
- We may have to re-schedule the tour plan due to any natural or emergency cases.
- Extra cost may be applied for any unexpected event.
- Company reserves the rights to reschedule the tour to ensure smooth execution of this road trip.
- The itinerary is subject to favorable road and weather conditions.
ADVANCE BOOKING POLICY
- The last date of booking for this road trip is 10 Dec 2019.
- 25 % of the total package cost must be deposited as an advance in our company’s account to confirm the package.
- Remaining 75 % of the package cost to be deposited 5 days prior to trip start date.
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking then you can do that with
- No Cancellation Charge – if you cancel 30 Days prior to trip date
- Within 15 Days of Trip – 25% Cancellation Charges of the trip amount.
- No Refund will be made on any other cases.
You can also post your queries below:-
For bookings and more details contact
Bir Billing (H.P.)