Kareri Lake near Dharamshala is a fresh water lake, at an altitude of 2950 metres above sea level. The Lake remains frozen from early December to March. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva on a hilltop overlooking the lake. A few gaddi huts are present on the other side of the lake. The grass meadows are used by the Gaddis as a grazing ground for their animals. The area around Kareri Lake also serves as a base camp for hikes for Minkiani Pass (4250m) and Baleni Pass (3710m).
The trail for Kareri Lake Trek is through the forest of Pines, Rhododendron and Silver Oak trees. This trek is an awesome trek for people looking for options other than the overcrowded trails like Kheerganga, Triund, Prashar Lake etc.
Kareri Lake Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: McLeodganj – Kareri Village – Reoti ( 32 km Drive / 09 km trek )
We will start our day very early in the morning from McLeodganj and reach Kareri Village via shared cabs. We will start our trek towards Kareri Lake from here and will hike alongside the Nyund stream, which serves as the primary source of water of the region. After a few river crossings over wooden bridges and steep ascents among scenic views of Dhauladhars, we will reach Reoti, a picturesque campsite by evening. It is an ideal place for camping overnight due to the flat area and availability of water. Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Reoti.
Day 2: Reoti – Kareri Lake ( 06 km trek )
Now, this is the most exciting and awaited day of the trip as we will trek for our destination: Kareri Lake. Initial few kilometres of the muddy and rocky trail is lined with dense forests mountain on one side and a river gorge on another. By afternoon, we will reach our destination, Kareri Lake. One can witness amazing landscapes and serenity of this place. Have blessings from Lord Shiva and we will set up camp for a night stay near the lake.
Day 3: Kareri Lake – Kareri Village – McLeodganj ( 14 km down trek / 32 km drive )
Spend some time absorbing the beauty of the lake in the morning. Post breakfast, we will start our down trek towards Kareri Village. Capture every moment with your eyes. We will reach Kareri Village in 6 hours. From here, transfer to McLeodganj via shared cabs.
Trek ends here with a bag of delightful memories and exciting stories to recount.!!!!!!
Cost: Rs. 3999/-* (Ex McLeodganj)
- Lunch, Dinner, Camping Stay on Day 1.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Camping Stay on Day 2.
- Only Breakfast on Day 3.
- Transportation to & from Mcleodganj.
- Experienced Local Guide.
- 5% GST.
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions.
- Any personal expenses.
- Porter charges.
- Travel/Adventure Insurance.
Things to Carry
- Woolen clothes and a Jacket (Windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind.)
- Sweaters must be full sleeves, Dry Socks 3 or 4 pairs, Muffler & Cap.
- Trekking shoes.
- Flip-flops must be lightweight and a Raincoat is recommended.
- A Weightless Towel and a Water Bottle.
- Lip Balm, Sunblock, Mosquito repellent.
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries.
- Battery operated torch.
- Light rucksack.
ADVANCE BOOKING POLICY
♥ 25 % of the total package cost must be deposited as an advance in our company’s account to confirm the package.
♥ Remaining 75 % of the package cost will be collected on arrival day.
- In case someone misbehaves under influence of alcohol, we reserve the right to cancel their booking with no refund.
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking then you can do that with
- No Cancellation Charge – if you cancel 30 Days prior to trip date
- Within 5 Days of Trip – 25% Cancellation Charges of the trip amount.
- No refund will be made on any other cases.
You can call or drop a WhatsApp text to +91 9418150250 for more details and bookings.
You can also post your queries below:-